Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thing #8 Social Media Management Tools

For this exercise, I explored the social media management tool 'Friendcaster'. This app is advertised as a easy to use app for your Facebook page, meant to make using Facebook easier. Indeed, this is a very simplified way to view your Facebook news feed. I didn't particularly care for it as all the pictures were smaller and the view is pretty much stark white plus text. The app is easy to navigate, has options for posting updates/photos for your Facebook, a newspaper icon for the news feed, and a link to your 'friends' if you want to check up on someone specific. For me, it is too simple, too easy. I guess I prefer the regular Facebook app, and even with that find that the live internet version is often different in how items are posted on the news feed. What I like best about using social media is looking at pictures or videos posted by friends, or following links to stories others recommend. I don't need a special app for this. I am not sure how Friendcaster would be of use professionally unless there was a way to filter the items that appear on the news feed to very specific groups or friends. Interesting to try, but this one will be deleted!

No comments: