Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thing #5 Notetaking

I decided to test out Dragon- a dictation app. It seems simple enough- speak and Dragon will type whatever it is you say. This could have many practical uses- list making, letter writing, brainstorming sessions, etc...
I quickly realized that you truly have to tell Dragon each and every punctuation mark in order to make your text make sense at all... It is like speaking another language. After a short trial I decided that I would make better use of a more intuitive app and did a test run of Remember the Milk instead.
With Remember the Milk, I liked the easy to use Weekly display, simple text format, ability to have a title to each task and then expand with more notes on that task. For example- an entry for Dinner Party could easily include my grocery list. The app also includes different ways to create personal, work and study lists to further differentiate your to do list. I was unable to figure out how to set up notifications for email or text message which I think would be helpful. This app may take a little more time to figure out the bells and whistles, but it could be a helpful tool for both work and home! An internet search for help/tips on RTM led me here: http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2011/05/introducing-remember-the-milk-for-ipad/
Lots of useful tips!

No comments: