Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Researching Library 2.0 in Local Academic Libraries

The following links will be used for my presentation (for missing class on June 28th)

Survey of MN Academic College Libraries and their use of Web 2.0 Applications
I took some time to investigate many academic library websites to determine to what extent they are or are not incorporating Web 2.0 into their daily activities. I looked for links to blogs, podcasts, YouTube videos, online tutorials, or other obvious uses of Web 2.0.
Listed below are the links to library websites I looked at:
University of St. Thomas
Macalester College
College of St. Catherine
Hamline University
College of St. Benedict/Saint John's University
Gustavus Adolphus College
Bethel University
Augsburg College

In class, I will show everyone the types of tools these institutions have added to their existing library webpage to promote a better web presence, reaching out to where their patrons are online.
This exercise was also interesting for the purposes of website design evaluation. I definetely developed favorites among these websites!

Also, to learn which academic libraries are currently blogging, check out The Blogging Libraries Wiki

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks very much for the preview, Christy! I'm looking forward to your talk!