Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Thing #22 Discovering Apps

Quixey- app search engine- I briefly explored this and am not 100% sure it is useful to me. It seems to repeat what you might find in the app store with a simpler visual display. You can do a basic search for the type of app you want, and the results are display and then you can 'go to store' to download the app from the App Store... I chose not to install this app and went on to try something else.

Apps Gone Free- great idea for an app to find free apps. I am a cheapskate and hardly ever pony up to get new apps. It is nice that some of these apps are free for a week or a month at a time. When I feel the need to find something new, this will be my newest go to tool! Each app that is advertised has the basic details and typical 'get it in the App store' download button. Also helpful are the reviews and number of stars as rated by users. Perfect! Also, the App store can be searched for 'free apps' anytime. But this was kind of cool to feature the calendar for how long items are free.

No comments: